Easy and delicious chocolate cake for any occasion. The frosting is optional but keeps the cake moist. And on the top of the cake, some berries can be added before the frosting is put.
An important thing to remember is not to eat the cake with a glass of milk as the combination of chocolate and milk will cancel the positive effects against cancer.
PREP TIME: 20 Min
COOKING TIME: 20 to 30 Min
READY IN 45 Min
- 200 g unsweetened Dark Chocolate (8oz)
- 80 g butter
- 150 g sugar
- 80 g white flour
- 4 eggs
For the Frosting
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 oz dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 C(375 F)
- Melt dark chocolate and butter over low heat
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs and the sugar . Then add the chocolate mix.
- Add the flour and mix together.
- Grease and flour one 9 inch round pan.
- Pour the mix into the prepared pan, and bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
- For the frosting, melt dark chocolate ,butter and maple syrup in a small pan.
- Pour over the cooled cake and put it in the fridge.