This broccoli soup is hearty, nutritious and delicious
PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOKING TIME: 20-30 Min
READY IN 40 Min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 potatoes peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) vegetable stock
- 1 large bunch broccoli
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh chives or green onions
- 10% cream or milk
- In a large pot heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions and the garlic and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, broccoli, stock, pepper . Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Purée using a hand blender or in batches using a food processor.
- Serve sprinkled with chives and a little bit of cream or milk.