Here is a sauce that flavors your pasta and fish. The delicate balance of taste, we give you an alternative to the gravy on your steak. You can even used it has a dip with your tortilla chips. This weapon against cancer is served, just use it.
PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOK TIME: 10 Min
READY IN 20 Min
- 1 large bunch fresh broccoli
- 2 to 4 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tps cumin
- 1 tps crushed coriander seeds
- 1/4 Cup chopped onion
- A drop of rose wine
- A pinch of black pepper
- 3 tps. lemon or lime juice
- 1 Cup water
1. Trim off and discard bottom inch of broccoli stems and cut broccoli into large chunks.
2. Put them into a 4-quart (4 liter) saucepan with a steamer insert* and steam 4 to 5 minutes or until just tender. Transfer broccoli to the work bowl of a food processor.
3. Start with 1 or 2 cloves of garlic, add remaining ingredients to food processor, and process until pureed. Adjust seasonings for varied size of broccoli, and add more garlic to taste.
4. If desired, turn out into a 2-quart (2 liter) saucepan, and warm over medium heat for about 3 minutes to tame the garlic just a bit. This makes a very thick sauce that can be thinned with water if preferred. Adjust seasonings accordingly. Makes 6 servings.
*If steamer insert is not available, put broccoli into a 4-quart (4 liter) saucepan with about 1/2″ (1 cm) of water. Cover and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and steam about 4 to 5 minutes.